Welcome to IDEAL
The IDEAL Collaboration is an initiative to improve the quality of research in surgery. It is:
- A model that describes the stages of innovation in surgery: Idea, Development, Exploration, Assessment, Long-term study
- A set of recommendations at each stage of the model that have been developed by experts in evidence-based surgery, for example on improving methodology and how to address the challenges of randomized controlled trials in surgery
- An international group of surgeons, researchers, journal editors, methodologists, statisticians, and other people who are committed to producing, disseminating, and evaluating quality research in surgery.
IDEAL Conference 2017
Research, Regulation, and Reimbursement in Surgery and Technologies
4th-5th May 2017, New York Academy of Medicine, New York City, USA
- Learn about the latest developments in the scientific methodology for investigating new surgeries and medical devices
- Hear internationally renowned surgical researchers discussing innovation and evaluation in multiple clinical areas
- Present your research on innovations in surgery and therapeutic technology to an international audience of clinicians, scientists, manufacturers and regulators
- Learn about IDEAL pathways for innovation in medicine and perspectives on regulation and reimbursement
- IDEAL as EBM framework in surgery, device innovation and interventional care
Download the flyer here:IDEAL Conference flyer_3.21
Provisional Program now available here – updated 19th April: IDEAL 2017 Provisional Agenda
Registration is now open at www.ideal-conference2017.com
Early discounted registration rate available until April 1st 2017. Registration fees include breakfast and lunch each day of the conference, and CME credits will be available for physicians.
For further information, contact: email@example.com
Abstract submission now open: CLICK HERE to access the submission system and to view the full list of abstract categories. The submission deadline is 1st April, 2017. Abstracts will be accepted in a wide variety of clinical areas, including but not limited to urology, orthopaedics, vascular surgery, abdominal surgery, and cardiothoracic surgery.
Abstracts should be prepared with reference to the IDEAL stage which applies to the study, including a short discussion of future study directions within the IDEAL framework (see background readings).
IDEAL Conference 2016:
Abstracts from our 2016 Conference are now published in the International Journal of Surgery December 2016 Volume 36, Supplement 2, S133-S144
Videos are now available at the University of Oxford Podcasts https://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/series/ideal-collaboration-conference-2016
June 22, 2017
The IDEAL team Claudia Ashton, Allison Hirst, Claire Thomson and Peter McCulloch presented a workshop on using IDEAL to appraise the surgical literature at #EvidenceLive on 21st June 2017 http://evidencelive.org/ Following the workshop Peter McCulloch, Chair of the IDEAL Collaboration discussed some … Continue reading
March 22, 2017
As part of our 2017 Conference in New York, 4th-5th May 2017, we are holding a half day educational workshop. Please select this at the time of registration for the conference at www.idealconference2017.com Early registration discount available until April 1st Registration … Continue reading