Welcome to IDEAL
The IDEAL Collaboration is an initiative to improve the quality of research in surgery. It is:
- A model that describes the stages of innovation in surgery: Idea, Development, Exploration, Assessment, Long-term study
- A set of recommendations at each stage of the model that have been developed by experts in evidence-based surgery, for example on improving methodology and how to address the challenges of randomized controlled trials in surgery
- An international group of surgeons, researchers, journal editors, methodologists, statisticians, and other people who are committed to producing, disseminating, and evaluating quality research in surgery.
IDEAL Conference 2017
Research, Regulation, and Reimbursement in Surgery and Technologies
4th-5th May 2017, New York Academy of Medicine, New York City, USA
- Learn about the latest developments in the scientific methodology for investigating new surgeries and medical devices
- Hear internationally renowned surgical researchers discussing innovation and evaluation in multiple clinical areas
- Present your research on innovations in surgery and therapeutic technology to an international audience of clinicians, scientists, manufacturers and regulators
- Learn about IDEAL pathways for innovation in medicine and perspectives on regulation and reimbursement
- IDEAL as EBM framework in surgery, device innovation and interventional care
Download the flyer here:IDEAL 2017 Conference Flyer
Provisional Program now available here – updated 8th February 2017: IDEAL 2017 Provisional Agenda
Registration is now open at www.ideal-conference2017.com
Early discounted registration rate available until February 28th 2017. Registration fees include breakfast and lunch each day of the conference, and CME credits will be available for physicians.
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract submission now open: CLICK HERE to access the submission system and to view the full list of abstract categories. The submission deadline is Saturday, March 11th, 2017. Abstracts will be accepted in a wide variety of clinical areas, including but not limited to urology, orthopaedics, vascular surgery, abdominal surgery, and cardiothoracic surgery.
Abstracts should be prepared with reference to the IDEAL stage which applies to the study, including a short discussion of future study directions within the IDEAL framework (see background readings).
IDEAL Conference 2016:
Abstracts from our 2016 Conference are now published in the International Journal of Surgery December 2016 Volume 36, Supplement 2, S133-S144
Videos are now available at the University of Oxford Podcasts https://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/series/ideal-collaboration-conference-2016
January 27, 2017
The provisional programme for our 2017 conference is now available. See the preview below and download the full pdf here: IDEAL Agenda 1 26_NYC For further details and information on registration and abstract submission please see our IDEAL Conference 2017 webpage
January 4, 2017
Abstracts from our 2016 Conference are now available in the International Journal of Surgery December 2016 Volume 36, Supplement 2, S133-S144 Access to innovative treatments and device support during IDEAL stages 2b-4 K. Hutchison Advancing the cause of research registration: The first … Continue reading