The IDEAL Collaboration is directed by an international Steering Group of surgeons and researchers in surgical and other innovative complex interventions, research methodologists, statisticians, journal editors and experts in the translation of research into clinical practice.
The Collaboration is coordinated from the University of Oxford, Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences.
Our address: IDEAL Collaboration, Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DU, UK
Contact: Allison Hirst, Project Manager
Chair: Mr Peter McCulloch, Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Oxford
Vice-Chair: Dr Art Sedrakyan, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York
The following people sit on the Steering Group for the IDEAL Collaboration:
- Riaz Agha, London, UK
- Doug Altman, Oxford, UK
- Jeffrey Barkun, Montreal, Canada
- Bruce Campbell, London, UK
- Jonathan Cook, Aberdeen, UK
- Philipp Dahm, Minneapolis, USA
- Patrick Ergina, Montreal, Canada
- Paul Glasziou, Brisbane, Australia
- Muir Gray, Oxford, UK
- Carl Heneghan, Oxford, UK
- Sally Hopewell, Oxford, UK
- Sean Kehoe, Birmingham, UK
- Guy Maddern, Adelaide, Australia
- Bill Summerskill, London, UK
IDEAL Specialty Leads
IDEAL specialty leads are active researchers involved in particular clinical areas whose role is to help promote and develop IDEAL methodology in their clinical field.
- Neurosurgery: Angelos Kolias, Lead, British Neurosurgical Trainee Research Collaborative and Academic Clinical Registrar in Neurosurgery, Addenbrooke’s Hospital and University of Cambridge
- Urology: Philipp Dahm, Professor of Urology, University of Florida
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sean Kehoe, Lawson Tait Professor of Gynaecological Cancer at the University of Birmingham and a Senior Research Fellow at St Peter’s College, Oxford
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery: Riaz Agha, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London and Balliol College, University of Oxford (Clarendon Scholar).